- This feature of Community Weaver allows members donate time credits so that people who can’t take part can have access to services.
- It is also used for Community Outreach programmes for organisations that don’t belong.
- It is used to encourage members to donate in excess of 50 credits for the benefit of their community.
- When a member carries out a trade with a group of members, the member claims the time spent with the balance donated to the community chest. This is a win-win situation of giving and receiving which can be very fulfilling.
- For example the Tauranga TimeBank members were the first to help with the beach clean up after the Rena oil spill. Each member who helped out earned time credits which were paid to them from the Community Chest.